Contract Administrator Construction Opportunity – Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
JOB ID: 3434
Our client is a foreign subsidiary of a major American E&C firm. The projects are primarily commercial and industrial infrastructure related such as the design and construction of roads and utilities (Water, sewer and drainage) and site/land development for large residential, industrial and commercial areas and mechanical systems for buildings, power plants and desalination plants, etc.
Package: competitive tax-free salary with full benefits, free family or single Western accommodations, relocation, monthly expat allowance and other benefits typical with working for a major American firm overseas.
· Nationality American
· Aged not over 55 (due to Visa restrictions)
· Expat (westerner) Degree from western country university.
· Candidates MUST have experience with US Codes be able to train Saudi employees on US standards.
· A degree in Engineering from a recognized western university
· 12 years’ postgraduate professional experience.
· US or registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required.
· The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
· Experience working in and/or with local municipalities in design and coordination of infrastructure projects with other agencies.
· Saudi experience a plus.
· Project management experience in managing design projects is preferred.
· Reviews client contracts to identify risks and to ensure conformity to Company policy.
· Drafts contracts for large engineering/construction management projects.
· Proposes alternative text/clauses to client contracts, as appropriate for the Company business.
· Ensures that the contract is thoroughly reviewed for legal, risk management, tax, and accounting issues prior to submitting to management for approval.
· Participates as a member of the negotiating team, consisting of business development and project management personnel, for establishing business terms and contract conditions.
· Monitors and administers the provisions of prime contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
· Advises the Contracts/Commercial Manager regarding scope, financial, and risk issues of prime contracts.
· Undertakes the contract administration immediately upon the contract being awarded.
· Solves significant prime contract problems, taking independent action as prescribed by project procedures.
· Provides guidance and direction to lower level Contract Administrators, as appropriate.
· Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
· Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or a related field.
· 10+ years of prime contract administration experience is required
· Requires a thorough knowledge of industry practices and the negotiation of prime contracts
· Incumbent must also possess strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
· Working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with contract administration
· Ability to perform in a lead capacity is also required