Area foreman II - Maintenance ASU Utilties in Jazan, KSA
Job ID: 3873
Leading JV in KSA with 3 market leading companies and large–scale investment in Gasification & associated utilities/facilities.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
· Engineering Graduate preferably in the fields of Mechanical, Electrical or instrument with minimum of 10 years of maintenance related experience such as maintenance engineer in Power, Utilities, gas, petrochemical, or related plant technologies and industries.
· Demonstrated technical and practical engineering skills with a good business sense in the maintenance field
· Proven coordination experience in a multi team environment which includes engineering, maintenance, and contractors.
· Good leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
· Promotes a ‘one team’ environment
· Strong oral and written skills with the ability to communicate maintenance activities to the plant management team on daily basis.
· Proven problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of maintenance of large and complex equipment (e.g. transformers, generators, motors, UPS, protection relays)
· Knowledge of the construction and maintenance of large and complex rotating equipment (e.g. compressors, turbines, pumps, expanders), pressurized systems, pipe and welding techniques, and electrical equipment and systems
· Must have experience in major shutdown support, project work, plant operations and maintenance efforts
· Proficiency in English speaking and writing.
· Knowledge and understanding of local environmental and health and safety requirements.
· Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills are critical to the position.
· Good experience in SAP system
· The ASU Foreman II is responsible in coordinating all related works in the ASU. As the liaison between workers, leads and supervisors, the ASU Foreman II, will be the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project with a keen awareness of material expenses, permits, and employee safety.
Nature & Scope
· The ASU Foreman II primarily direct the work of the team and make quick decisions. His job covers ensuring the individuals and other Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument lead who work under team carryout their tasks and duties diligently and effectively for successful completion. He is working closely with the O&M Teams and Engineering Department and is responsible for leading, coordinating, organizing, and executing of mechanical, electrical and instrument activities for preventative and corrective maintenance, with the aim of reducing maintenance related costs while improving JIGPC plant reliability and availability.
· Provide & maintain a safe work environment. Demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent all injuries.
· Supervise the hands-on work execution of a multi-craft crew in the assigned areas of responsibilities including contractors to fully meet assigned area requirement.
· As a leader, motivate every technician/ technician on a given task in a professional manner without fear or favor.
· Ensures that all equipment and facilities needed by technicians are made available and are in good condition to enable them work effectively.
· Creates good working atmosphere and conditions for technicians so that they will not only do the job but also to perform better.
· Ensures technicians maintain a high level of decorum and orderliness in the process of carrying out the job, at all times.
· Troubleshoot complex problems that may arise within the responsibility of the assigned area.
· Work with tools and equipment when required for work completion deadlines or training for new technicians of the team.
· Deploy mechanical, electrical and instrument technicians and provides sufficient supervision to assure each assigned job is completed in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
· Indoctrinate newly hired technicians with proper techniques, work methods, standards of quality and desired output.
· Track the daily & PM schedule for full compliance with no overdue.
· Supervise the effective administration of SAP processes and adhere to SAP guidelines in all related aspects of annual and monthly planning, scheduling, data management such as breakdowns review, corrective maintenance notification, creating maintenance work orders, equipment cataloging and planning in order to ensure data/system integrity in line with JIGPC’s defined standards Train personnel to develop technical ability, follow up the assigned craft training & certification with zero overdue in the safety matrix.
· Perform all applicable miscellaneous duties related to the assigned workshop as required.
· Create working schedule for the technicians of the team.
· Place order for needed equipment, tools, and supplies.
· Keep management updated on project development.
· Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are being followed at all sites at all times.
· Produce work schedules in accordance with the availability of employees, contractors and labor laws and monitor the attendance of crew.
· Emphasis on the safe use of tools, machinery, and equipment including training on safety gear, helmets, and procedures.
· Resolve conflicts or miscommunication that may happen on-site quickly and amicably.
· Ensure the safety of all maintenance personnel by utilizing the JIGPC basic safety standard procedures, which includes Safety Work Permits, LOTO, Confined Space, etc. The position is a key member in building safety culture in JIGPC.
· Understand Environmental Regulatory requirements.
· Support mechanical, electrical and instrumentation construction and commissioning activities as needed.
· Ensure JIGPC standards, and best practices for EH&S, productivity, reliability, quality, and overall customer services are met.
· Monitor and execute preventative and corrective maintenance activities pertaining to the operation of equipment, rotating and static, to ensure safety and reliability targets are achieved.
· Maintain equipment maintenance document integrity through accurate technical reports.
· Supervise and assist mechanical, electrical and instrument and control contractors with all sites related activities assigned to them ensuring the safety and reliability philosophy is followed.
· Working with the operations and engineering teams understand plant issues and execute cost effective solutions for resolution to meet the customer’s satisfaction on safety, reliability, product quality, and flexibility on product supply.
· Facilitate attainment of operations excellence and customer satisfaction via maintenance productivity, reliability, quality, and cost reduction efforts.
· Provide mechanical, electrical and instrument and control maintenance support and participate in incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Identify & implement sustainable corrective action(s).
· Prepare as needed to develop Scope of Work (SOW).
· Provide support during turnarounds (TAR), including maintenance and repair information collection, preparation of job packages, spares and materials, contractors and tools, safety management during execution, and TAR execution and contractor management.
· Emergency response required 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day. The ASU Foreman II must have the ability to make decisions upon consulting management, operations, and engineering outside of normal working hours on the resolution of the issue at hand.
· Strong organizational, planning, and interpersonal and communication skills are essential to the position. Credibility and respect across the organization is important.
· The incumbent works closely with operations and engineering to insure alignment with operational objectives.
· Set up Maintenance individual and department KPIs related to his area.
2. Visit www.omni-interconsult.com and make an application directly online