Shift Supervisor Utilities (Gasification Plant) in Jazan, KSA
Job ID: 3874
Leading JV in KSA with 3 market leading companies and large–scale investment in Gasification & associated utilities/facilities.
Reports to: Shift Superintendent
Nature & Scope:
Shift Supervisor, reporting to the Shift Superintendent, is accountable for managing and supervising the operators on their designated shift as assigned in the specific plant facilities. The Shift Supervisor will manage the day to day operations of his staff, which include, ensuring daily operational targets are achieved and interfacing with the Maintenance and Engineering teams to insure the safe and reliable operation of the site.
· Bachelor’s degree in chemical process operations or a 2-year technical school certificate.
· Experience in process plant operation, demonstrated ASU knowledge, at least 5+ years ASU operations experience, with >2 years in a supervisory role.
· Track record of success on safety, health and environmental protection.
· Demonstrated leadership and proven interpersonal skills.
· A strong commitment to employee involvement, team building and diversity.
· Knowledgeable in the coordination of operations and maintenance activities.
· Good leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively throughout all levels within the organization and externally.
· Promotes a ‘one team’ environment.
· Ability to communicate and manage customer ‘board to board’ interactions daily.
· Proficiency in English speaking and writing.
· Knowledge and understanding of local environmental and health and safety requirements.
· Provide & maintain a safe work environment. Demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent all injuries. Ensure proper documentation is maintained for safety related activities.
· Provide direction & guidance based on technical feedback from Engineering and Maintenance for troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and test activities.
· Provide Operations support & guidance during the commissioning of the plants. Maintain accurate document control and monitor quality assurance initiatives.
· Provide Operations guidance to ensure safety, reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
· Provide Operations input for scheduled outages.
· Manage plant production efficiently based on data driven decisions to ensure safety and reliability targets are met to achieve maximum profitable.
· Report shifts production progress and plant status, providing operational solutions for shortfall areas.
· Ensure the safety of all operations personnel by utilizing the basic safety procedures of the Company which includes Safety Work Permits, LOTO, Confined Space, etc. The position facilitates planning, organizing, auditing, and follow-up, to build safety culture into the company.
· Ensure all Environmental Regulatory requirements are met.
· Assist in establishing and training all field operators while supporting the commissioning activities as needed.
· Ensure company’s standards, and global best practices for EH&S, productivity, reliability, quality, and overall customer services are met.
· Meet the customer’s satisfaction on safety, reliability, product quality, and flexibility of product supply.
· Provide effective leadership to the plant operating teams to ensure the facilities are operated safely, efficiently and in compliance with contractual requirements & on-stream guarantees.
· Support & maintain close working relationships with engineering and maintenance personnel to continuously monitor & evaluate plant systems & equipment.
· Provide operations support and participate in investigations and Root Cause Analysis to identify & implement sustainable corrective actions.
· In supporting the Operations Superintendent, act as the Single Point of Contact when dealing with internal issues of the facilities, representing company and coordinating internal resources. Provide timely progress updates to the customer in the absence of the Operations Superintendent.
· Facilitate attainment of operational excellence and customer satisfaction via operations productivity, reliability, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives.
· Act as on shift Crisis and Emergency Evacuation coordinator.
· Maintain customer communications and relationships at the ‘board’ level, ensuring customer demand rates are satisfied while maximizing the efficiency and profitability of the facility.
· Communication of plant activities with other shifts to maintain continuity between shifts for a safe and reliable operation.
· Be responsible for the review and implementation of production and safety procedures in shift.
· Execute other duties as assigned from reporting managers in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Visit www.omni-interconsult.com and make an application directly online