Control Room Operator (CBO) - Utilities (Gasification Plant) in Jazan, KSA
Job ID: 3875
Leading JV in KSA with 3 market leading companies and large–scale investment in Gasification & associated utilities/facilities.
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Nature & Scope:
Control Room Operator is reporting to shift supervisor, accountable for the day-to-day operation of plants within the facility, insuring the production requirements set by the customer are achieved in a safe and efficient manner.
· Engineering Degree or 2-year technical school certificate.
· Experience in process plant operation, at least 5+ years plant control room operations experience.
· Track record of success on safety, health and environmental protection.
· High leadership and supervisory skills; team player with the ability to work collaboratively.
· Positive, high energy, and self-motivated.
· Understands the operational mode of a controller – manual, automatic, cascade, setpoint of process variable, controller output, etc.
· Ability to multitask, perform under stressful conditions, and respond and adapt in changing conditions.
· The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Ability to read and comprehend equipment manuals and procedures.
· Ability to write and correct operational procedures.
· High level of proficiency of computers including Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
· Knowledgeable in the coordination of operations and maintenance activities.
· Promotes a ‘one team’ environment.
· Ability to communicate and manage customer ‘board to board’ interactions daily.
· Proficiency in English speaking and writing.
· Provide & maintain a safe work environment. Demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent all injuries.
· Ensure proper documentation is maintained for safety related activities.
· Monitor the control apparatus and the functions of DCS, other control panels always.
· Oversee, monitor, control, and optimize the processes of the site through remote control of equipment and communication with field personnel.
· Train Senior Operators, Engineers, and Supervisors within the control system to ensure adequate coverage and continuity of operation.
· Assess and interpret all standard displays including process graphics, maintenance alarm summary, and system diagnostics.
· Start, stop, and make compensating changes to equipment following standardized procedures determined from panel readings, field information, laboratory reports if needed, alarm systems, and related engineering instruction.
· Responsible for effectively communicating with field personnel to coordinate the starting, stopping, operation, and changing of plant operating conditions.
· Notify field personnel, supervision, and engineering staff as appropriate of operating irregularities.
· Accurately follow procedures, record data, create required reports, and provide timely feedback to Supervisor and/or Engineering personnel.
· Maintain a log and provide hand over information of process conditions on a routine basis, accurately capturing process delay and curtailment information.
· Act as first point of call for external key service providers in relation to utility services of electricity, water, gas, nitrogen, oxygen or as needed by the company’s facilities.
· Direct site operators in the performance of assigned work functions via radio or company provided communication channel.
· Ensure company’s standards, and global best practices for EH&S, productivity, reliability, quality, and overall customer services are met.
· Meet the customer’s satisfaction on safety, reliability, product quality, and flexibility of product supply.
· Provide operations support and participate in investigations and Root Cause Analysis to identify & implement sustainable corrective actions.
2. Visit www.omni-interconsult.com and make an application directly online