|Nature & Scope
Directs, coordinates, and plans the overall operation, personally or through subordinates, of all assigned plant facilities and ensure efficient and economical work operations. Ensures that employees engaged in operating and managing the utility systems utilize the appropriate technologies to stay safe and maximize operational reliability.
• Provide & maintain a safe work environment. Demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent all injuries. Ensure proper documentation is maintained for safety related activities.
• Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings.
• Preparing both rough sketches and detailed work with CADD systems.
• Performing calculations for materials and weight limitations.
• Communicating with engineers, and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings.
• Preparing, reviewing and redrafting alongside the engineering team.
• Ensuring final designs are compliant with building regulations.
• Identifying and communicating potential design problems to the rest of the team.
• Verifying dimensions and product specifications.
• Maintaining a production schedule.
• Ensure the safety of all maintenance personnel by utilizing company basic safety standard procedures which includes Safety Work Permits, LOTO, Confined Space, etc. The position is a key member in building safety culture in company.
• Understand Environmental Regulatory requirements.
• Support mechanical construction and commissioning activities as needed.
• Provide supervision for the plant activities by administering the daily operation of the assigned facilities to ensure operational, safety and technical compliance. Solves problems related to the work supervised.
• Provide technical advice to assigned personnel concerning technical and safety issues and ensures adherence to safety procedures by all personnel within area.
• Coordinates and facilitates deployment of staff and equipment in emergency and non-emergency incidents.
• Plans and directs work assignments to maximize effectiveness and efficiency. Develops performance goals and provides performance review for direct reports.
• Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve operational problems and recommend measures to improve operations.
• Analyzes work schedules, determines manpower, tools, materials and methods to be used.
• Analyzes cost and production, utilizes personnel to control production and reduce cost.
• Orders materials and equipment as required to sustain continuous operations of the facilities.
• Conducts regular and periodic meetings with subordinate supervisory personnel to discuss and resolve problems.
• Lead the activities of a larger operations team including tasks, project management and production plans.
• Facilitate good communication and ongoing follow-up on issues that require attention.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Department on all necessary scheduled and preventative maintenance requirements to ensure efficient operations and to minimize downtime.
• Provide direction & guidance based on technical feedback from Engineering and Maintenance for troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and test activities.
• Ensure the safety of all operations personnel by utilizing the basic safety procedures of the Company which includes Safety Work Permits, LOTO, Confined Space, etc. The position facilitates planning, organizing, auditing, and follow-up, to build safety culture into the company.
• Ensure company standards, and global best practices for EH&S, productivity, reliability, quality, and overall customer services are met.
• Meet the customer’s satisfaction on safety, reliability, product quality, and flexibility of product supply.
• Provide effective leadership to the plant operating teams to ensure the facilities are operated safely, efficiently and in compliance with contractual requirements & on-stream guarantees.
• Provide operations support and participate in investigations and Root Cause Analysis to identify & implement sustainable corrective actions.
• Maintain customer communications and relationships at the ‘board’ level, ensuring customer demand rates are satisfied while maximizing the efficiency and profitability of the facility.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree in chemical process operations or a 3-year technical school certificate plus 15 years’ experience in same industry.
2. Experience in process plant operation, at least 5+ years as first line Operations Foreman.
3. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
4. Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
6. Utilizes personal computer and maintains a working knowledge of applicable software programs (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, e-mails, etc.).
7. Must be familiar with Incident Command System structure, procedures, protocols, and documentation.
8. Track record of success on safety, health and environmental protection.
9. Demonstrated leadership and proven interpersonal skills.
10. A strong commitment to employee involvement, team building and diversity.
11. Knowledgeable in the coordination of operations and maintenance activities.
12. Good leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively throughout all levels within the organization and externally.
13. Proficiency in English speaking and writing.
14. Knowledge and understanding of local environmental and health and safety requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.